Now that I have thought a bit of it more, I think the project has taken a bit of a different turn than I originally planned. The original plan was to photograph the registries, and if we got any additional documentation, that would be a bonus. Now it looks like we got many more documents and historical information than we expected, and probably a bit less of the registry-type information we expected.
The following is a list of the books we photographed:
- 1. Minutes of the Comunidad from:
- a) 1896 - 1899
- b) 1911 - 1915
- c) 1915 - 1928
- d) 1928 - 1935
- e) 1931 - 1945
- f) 1941 - 1950
- g) 1954 - 1972
3. List of library books in different yeshivot
4. Death registers from 1936 - 1943 and 1892 - 1961
5. Marriage registers - only some
6. Selected Proceedings of the Board of the Comunidad of Tangiers - 1861 - 1875
7. Caja - Grand Livre
8. Gemilut Chassadim 1955 - 1958
9. Ledger 1985 - 1997
10. Registro des Funciones
11. Tsvaot Umatanot
12. Assorted random documents
Now the task will be to figure out how to abstract the information for our registry database. We will also need to consider how best to share the other documentation we photographed.
This is me at the El Minzah. I will upload some samples of the books and more cemetary pics tonight.